Monday, December 24, 2012

Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge 60 - Lace

This week our challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs is

Lace (real or faux)
 Here are the rules:
  • You MUST follow the theme and use at least one Cheery Lynn Designs die, of course, we would love to see more than one. 
  • You MUST add a link to your blog post in the InLinkz at the end of this post; no back posting, only new projects are allowed
  • You MUST link to our blog in your post
  • You may only enter the challenge ONCE per week.
The winner will be chosen based on merit by Cheery Lynn Designs. They will receive a $20 coupon for shopping at the Cheery Lynn website. The challenge will end on Sunday night at 22:00 Eastern time.  The design team is taking a break until January 2nd but I do have a challenge card to share with you today.  I chose to go with the beautiful lacy look of Fiona's Magic Mirror frame. 


I created my card base using my Scalloped Coved Rectangle dies; the next to the largest die in the set.  For the DP background, I used the coordinating Silver Coved Rectangle dies.  I added some Antique Linen Distress ink to the edges of the card base as well as the gorgeous frame.   The digi image is Shall I Play for You? from Mo Manning.  I colored him with Copic markers to match the DP.  I fussy cut him out and then popped him up on the frame which I also popped up on the card base.  


I finished the inside of the card in the same manner, adding a holiday sentiment from Whipper Snapper Designs.  I think the beauty of Fiona's Magic Mirror frame stands wonderfully on it's own and does not need any more embellishments.  Finished size is 5 x 6.5 inches.
 
Remember, you MUST use a Cheery Lynn Designs die to enter this challenge.

Remember, you MUST use a Cheery Lynn Designs die to enter this challenge.


7 comments:

Karen W said...

This is darling, he's precious and the card is perfect for this.

Sandie Edwards said...

So pretty, I don't have that die, must get it!!! Love your card Sandy.

Diane said...

Very pretty...love the vintage feel to this...and I agree, gotta have that die!!

Seafield Jo said...

This is a really beautiful card.

Jo x

Sue - bearhouse said...

Stunning card. Thanks for a fabulous challenge, gave me a good excuse to use my newest die!!
Sue

Anita said...

Beautiful card!

ionabunny said...

Hi, that's a beautiful card. I am entering your challenge for the first time. I have admired your dies for a long time and finally have some! Hurrah, a Christmas present to self. After using the mini dimensional butterflies I know I will be buying more. They cut so beautifully and the details are fabulous. Happy New Year to you all